Children attending Love and Laughter Drop-in Preschool need to have an up-to date record of immunizations. The State of Washington requires that all children be immunized for certain diseases. The only exceptions to this requirement are if the family physician recommends against immunization on medical grounds, or if the parents request an exemption on the basis of religious belief, or other objections. I have a separate form you must fill out if this is the case.
Upon arriving and throughout the day, children are checked for illnesses. If needed, a digital thermometer under the arm will be used to check for fever. If your child is unable to participate in normal classroom activities (including being able to play outside), please keep your child home. Also, please keep your child home if they have:
· Diarrhea (3 or more water stools or one bloody stool within 24 hours).
· Vomiting (2 or more times within 24 hours).
· Open or oozing sores (unless properly covered with bandages).
· Suspected communicable skin infection (pink eye, scabies, impetigo).
· Lice or nits.
· Hacking or continuous coughing, breathing trouble, or sore throat.
· Fever of a 100 degrees or higher with one or more of the following: earache, sore throat, headache, rash or fatigue that prevents participation in regular activities.
When your child is feeling better and no longer has one of the above conditions for at least 24 hours, they may come back, or 24-48 hours (depending on the illness) after they have received the first dose of antibiotics. If a child receives an antibiotic for an ear infection, they may return immediately, as long as he/she is free from other symptoms listed above.